Join us Jan 29-Feb 2- 2018 for the inaugural Women in Tech Regatta Week.
The Regatta is a curated collection of events, workshops and conversations designed to connect women in tech to mentors, peers, resources and to the power of community. We will dwell in the realm of what’s possible, rather than simply what is.
The WiT Regatta is an inclusive event. Regardless of your area(s) of expertise, all genders and career levels are welcome and encouraged to participate.
This week is about tapping into our dynamic, talented community. The Regatta has been organized in collaboration with BC”s Women in Tech Coalition that includes 30 local and provincial women in tech groups. We’ll come together to amplify careers, actualize goals, define the future of tech and blow our own minds.
Vancouver is now joining this international event series with Seattle and Amsterdam.
Our 2018 agenda includes:
Monday Kick off opening party– Resource reception featuring over 30 orgs from our vibrant city that support women and girls in tech- all during one night, under one roof (at the fabulous Science World! ) Connect with industry leaders who can help you find new opportunities, provide you with valuable networking and powerful insights to push your career to the next level.
Port Tracks: During the week we’re hosting over 20 breakout sessions across the city. Sessions are grouped thematically and each session will be hosted at 1 of 5 ports. Attend all or create a personalized itinerary aligned to your specific interests.
- Port 1: Tech Mavens (keeping you relevant in tech) We’ll be talking about everything from AI, to Crypto-Currency, to growing as a coder.
- Port 2: Inclusive Culture (Allyship) The focus here is on ending gender bias in the workplace & building stronger, more diverse teams.
- Port 3: Leadership (CEO’s & Startups) We’ll hear from a diverse group of CEO’s and startup leaders who will discuss multi-dimensional leadership, building credibility and avoiding isolation.
- Port 4: All about YOU (Build your story) This is all about you- being bold, intentional and building resilience. Pump up your side hustle and put some mojo into your personal brand.
- Port 5: Career Acumen (Building relationships) Learn about how storytelling, mentorship, and meaningful connections will help you meet your career goals and win the race.
Closing Progressive Celebration: Think Pub Crawl, but better! Our pop in events will include yoga by candlelight, karaoke dance party and a tech fashion show. Stay tuned for more details!
“We at The WiT Regatta passionately believe in the power of community and strive to build new connections in our ever-growing ecosystem. We will provide a powerful week brimming with opportunities to build your tribe and buoy your spirit, no oars required. Our goal is for everyone to be seen, heard and to walk away from this week with new ideas and relationships. ”
-Melody Biringer, Connection Engineer | WiT Regatta Founder and Producer
Connect with over 30 different organizations, elite mentors, and hands on workshop opportunities that will help you find new opportunities to plug into the community, provide you with valuable networking, and powerful insight to push your career to the next level. People of all genders are welcome to attend. Participating organizations:
Code for Change BC Tech Anita Borg Institute SCWIST Lean In WWEST Tech Ladies The RAISE Collective Women in Tech World She’s Coding Techbridge Launch Code iUrbanTeen Women in Bio Reboot Year Up Girls Without Limits TAF Chick Tech App Camp for Girls
Below is a sample of our 2017 event in Seattle