We know it may be daunting to ask for buy in from your boss but this letter will make convincing your boss a whole lot easier. Simply fill in the names of you, your boss and your company and send away! Highlight the text and copy and paste it into your own word editing software or click the buttons below to download your preferred file format.
Hello BOSS NAME,
I would like your support in attending the 2nd Annual Women in Tech Regatta taking place in Amsterdam from 28 October – 1 November 2019. This event is dedicated to supporting and amplifying women in tech career development by offering specialized career tracks, inspiration, education and connections needed to continue being successful in my job.
The Regatta brought together over 500 of the most accomplished techies for an intimate conference last year. This year, there are more than 40 sessions over a week’s worth with topics covering all aspects of leadership, industry trends and insights from like minded people. The Regatta will not only benefit me as an employee, but will also provide me with tangible and actionable insight for our entire team.
Top Takeaways other attendees have experienced:
- More confidence
- Career development and career advice
- Broader networks across functions and companies
- New ways of looking at work, career, connections, and technology
While attending, I’ll have the opportunity to meet and network with peers who are focused on the same challenges as me. Between the content presented in the sessions, I plan to continue strengthening my skills and walk away having learnt:
- The power of connection. By connecting to a diverse group of women in my industry this can ultimately expand my way of thinking and improve my productivity in my current role.
- Learn from industry experts. By hearing from and meeting women and men from different C-suite to well regarded thought leaders will allow me to look at things from different perspectives
- Gain new skills. There will be discussions dedicated to improving my soft skills that will improve how I work with my colleagues, connect with others, and build meaningful professional connections.
- Learn more about myself. There is always room for me to grow and networking in this space will give me confidence in meeting new people which will make me an even better team player.
- Get familiar with technology trends. By seeing emerging technologies like blockchain, machine learning, AI, neurodiversity, AR & VR all used in practice. I could gain new ideas on how we should incorporate these technologies within our own business.
This conference is a small investment of €232 which will empower me to do my best at work. I am confident that my attendance will provide us with opportunities that enable me to contribute even more value to COMPANY NAME. I would be happy to share takeaways with the team, what I’ve learned and to recommend any changes we can implement to improve our practices.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I hope we can make this opportunity work. For more information, you can visit the website here: https://womenintechregatta.com/amsterdam/