PERSONS OR PARTIES COVERED
PERSONS EXCLUDED FROM THIS WEBSITE ARE STILL COVERED
ABOUT THE PERSONAL INFORMATION THIS WEBSITE COLLECTS AND HOW IT IS USED
This website routinely collects information about its visitors, subscribers, members, and customers. This information is obtained in various ways, such as:
VISITOR, SUBSCRIBER, MEMBER, OR CUSTOMER INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM ‘REGISTRATION’
Registration means that the Visitor, Subscriber, Member or Customer takes active, positive steps to communicate information to this website. This can include pages or ‘pop ups’ where you register for a newsletter or subscribe to a mailing list; it can include your participation in visitor surveys; it can include requesting information from the website via email, mail, or courier; it may be from joining an affiliate program or other membership organization, paid or unpaid; it may be from ordering a product.
Occasionally complete credit card information may be provided to the website via fax or a fill-in form rather than regular secure merchant service processing. This information is kept at the highest level of security and is never divulged to anyone except the merchant service provider or for the purpose of communication with the customer.
VISITOR EMAIL INQUIRIES
CUSTOMER EMAIL OR TESTIMONIALS
If you are a customer and send an email to the website, or if you communicate with the site by phone or mail, the website collects information about your communication and by communicating with the site you give your permission to collect, archive, retrieve, and otherwise use any information collected as the site sees fit.
Any communication which, in its sole discretion, the site deems to be a testimonial, may be publicized for commercial purposes.
JURISDICTION AND VENUE
If any matter concerning this purchase shall be brought before a court of law, pre- or post-arbitration, Visitor agrees to that the sole and proper jurisdiction to be the state and city declared in the contact information of the web owner unless otherwise here specified. In the event that litigation is in a federal court, the proper court shall be the closest federal court to the Seller’s address.
Visitor agrees that the applicable law to be applied shall, in all cases, be that of the state of the Website owner(s).
HOW TO CONTACT US REGARDING USE OF INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE.
If you have any questions related to the information we have collected from you, please contact us at email@example.com
IF YOU REGISTER FOR A WiT REGATTA EVENT
If you register for a WiT Regatta Event, WiT Regatta will use the information you provide, including but not limited to your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information (“Registration Information”), and race, gender identity and income (“Session Information”) (Registration Information and Session Information shall be collectively referred to as “Personal Information”) as follows:
- Registration Information will be used for processing and accepting payment for your registration, and/or enabling our third party vendors (for example, Eventbrite, Sched.com, Paypal, Mailchimp, Typeform or Zoom) (each, a “Vendor”) to process your registration or otherwise enable you to participate in a WiT Regatta Event. Please be aware that these Vendors are located around the world so your data may be transferred outside of the country of your residence;
- Any or all Personal Information may be transferred between and among Vendors for the purpose of enabling you to sign up for and/or participate in Event session(s);
- To the extent you decide to do so, some of your Registration Information and/or Session Information may be shared publicly with other Event attendees and Event sponsors in connection with an Event session.
- Sometimes an Event sponsor may require your Registration Information for purposes such as enabling Event security.
We use your email address to email you about Event(s) and other WiT Regatta activities (with your having the option to unsubscribe);
If you are a speaker at an Event, we use your name, picture and current job title in marketing materials. We use your name, email, biography and current job title to register you as a speaker on Sched.com
- We will use your name and email address and at times, your Session Information, for the purpose of communicating with you about upcoming Events, including but not limited to the schedule of the Event, information about speakers and other promotions pertaining to the event.
TO OPT-OUT OF WiT REGATTA’S USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
By registering for a WiT Regatta Event, you agreed to our and our Vendors’ use of the information you provided. If you want us to stop using your information or to delete it for any reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO OPT-OUT OF THIRD PARTY VENDOR’S USE OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not control Vendors’ use of your personal information. Please contact them directly if you would like them to stop using their personal information.
EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in the European Economic Area, you may have the right to exercise certain privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes or to complete transactions that you began prior to requesting any deletion.
- Right not to provide consent or to withdraw consent. We may seek to rely on your consent in order to process certain personal data. Where we do so, you have the right not to provide your consent or to withdraw your consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right of access and/or portability. You may have the right to access the personal data that we hold about you and, in some limited circumstances, have that data provided to you so that you can provide or “port” that data to another provider.
- Right of erasure. In certain circumstances, you may have the right to the erasure of personal data that we hold about you (for example if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected).
- Right to object to processing. You may have the right to request that Zoom stop processing your personal data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification. You may have the right to require us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Right to restrict processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal data we hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held).
- Right to lodge a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority. If you are an EEA resident, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, please do not use or access our Services at any time in any manner.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
We do not respond to “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. We will not share your information with any third parties for that third party’s marketing purposes.