Five years ago I drew up a ‘Thrive on Purpose’ plan for what I wanted to achieve, and since that day I have been actively pursuing my vision. Today, I am Lead Advisor and Co-Founder of Volition, an award-winning startup advisory firm, as well as COO at Women in Tech World, a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing research and programming for women in tech.
Fueled by my own nonlinear path to entrepreneurship, I’m a huge proponent of defining and owning what you want. As such, I work with my clients to navigate the ‘now what’ moments in their career and company growth, so that they can get to a place of clarity and intentional action.
• Lead Researcher and Writer for Canada’s Gender Equity Roadmap: A study of women in tech, and Discovery Foundation’s BC Gender Equity Roadmap, produced by Women in Tech World.
• Co-created and facilitated Driving WinTech Canada, including 34 research events across Canada with 900+ women in tech.
• Organized 56 startup events in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Amsterdam; received Startup Canada’s 2018 Entrepreneur Support Award.
• Ran a successful Kickstarter to raise $31K for Women in Tech World’s national research initiative; successfully secured $20K from the Discovery Foundation 2018 Research Award Program.
• 10 years experience in the Canadian government.
• Professional content writer for multiple publications, including MSN, Fast Company, and Daily Hive.
With over a decade of experience in multiple sectors and fields, I bring an eclectic toolkit of skills, network, and expertise to the projects and people that I work with, often in unexpected ways. If this sounds like it would of value to you, I’d love to connect! After all, you never know what can come from a conversation.