Welcome to the 4th Annual Seattle WiT Regatta NOW VIRTUAL. In 2019, over 1,300 women and their allies gathered to tackle the topics women in tech care about most. Participants came from a variety of technology-focused organizations and roles, creating a unique blend of backgrounds and perspectives.
This year we are offering a two week long virtual experience, include 50+ sessions and 160+ speakers focused on connecting women (and men) in tech to mentors, peers, and resources.
The content and experiences are designed to inform, inspire, spark connections, and lead to lasting relationships. Topics are diverse but center on challenges, wins, losses, aspirations, technology, and career. Each session is organized as a 90min workshop with expert panel discussion followed by small group breakouts for meaningful conversations where participants really get to know one another.
We seek high-quality submissions from women and men who are actively engaged in enabling women to succeed in joining, shaping, and leading the tech industry.
Call for panelists will close on Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
Selected panelists will be notified by Tuesday, July 7th, 2020
2020 WIT Regatta Ports
For more information on each port and the panels it contains, please review our online itinerary
Port 1 – Adapt & Thrive
We got you. From hiding in the bathroom to being a working parent, developing quality relationships to conquering imposter syndrome, this port keeps it real. Sessions within this port include:
- You Belong on the Ship: Combatting Imposter Syndrome
- Integrating Career and Parenthood: The Tensions, Balance and Love
Port 2 – Inclusive Culture
Diversity leaders give insight to build stronger, more diverse teams and to be an effective ally and mentor. Sessions within this port include:
- In Our Own Words: Stories of Underrepresented Voices in Tech
- True Allyship: Be a Better Ally All the Time, Every Day
Port 3 – Biotech & Healthcare
Biotech and healthcare leaders discuss industry challenges and the massive role technology is playing, and continue to play, in providing solutions.
- Dr. Robot: The Intersection of Healthcare & Technology
- Navigating Disruption in Healthcare
Port 4 – Leadership
Competent and engaging leadership is necessary for success at personal, team, organizational, and community levels. Learn how to navigate each of these from experts across the leadership spectrum. Sessions within this port include:
- Keeping Teams Engaged – Leading Yourself to Remain an Effective Team Leader
- Jump on Board – Looking Ahead to Board Membership
Port 5 – Career Acumen
Take control of your career. Learn how to recover from failure, negotiate like Chad, change careers midstream, and get insights about what recruiters are looking for. Sessions within this port include:
- Back from the Void: Resilience After Not Meeting Expectations
- Navigating Big Tech – Learn from the Recruiters
Port 6 – Tech Mavens
The techiest chicks in the game cover all bases from blockchain to quantum computing, and career issues from data ethics to growing as a coder. Sessions within this port include:
- Women in Gaming
- Data Privacy and GDPR
Panel Structure and Panelist Requirements
WiT Regatta Panel Requirements
- Eligibility Criteria: Subject matter experts from industry, academia, government, or non-profit.
- Number of Panelists: Each panel is comprised of 3 panelists and a moderator. To ensure a diversity of voices, we require a male-identifying voice and panelists representing a variety of backgrounds and organizations (company or institution).
- Please indicate in your submission if you have prior experience moderating a panel and would be interested in moderating a WiT Regatta panel in 2020.
- Panel Duration: All panels are scheduled for a total of 90min. The first half is dedicated to the moderated panel discussion. The second half is focused on an interactive activity among attendees.
Panelist Submission Requirements
- Complete submission form on the WiT Regatta site.
- Select up to three panels of interest per port.
Next Steps: Panel Curation
- All panelist submissions with be reviewed by the WiT Regatta Content Management Committee.
- Panelists will be accepted for panels based on their background and alignment to the session topic.